AIR CONDITIONING TIPS
- When the air-conditioner is not cool enough, please check whether:
- the temperature is properly pre-set by the thermostat.
- heat-generating appliances, such as electric heater or gas appliances, are turned on in the room.
- bright sunshine gets into the room.
- Air filters should be changed regularly to ensure they are not clogged with dirt.
- A refrigeration ton refers to the BTU of air-conditioner per hour. One refrigeration ton is about 12,000 BTU of heat transmitting from indoor to outdoor per hour. Before purchasing a suitable air-conditioner, consumer should consider the size and direction of room.
- Split air-conditioner is composed of indoor and outdoor units, ensuring a relatively quiet indoor environment.
- Advantages of split air-conditioner:
- Relatively quiet.
- Suitable for rooms without available space for the installation of air-conditioner
- Change furnace filter regularly.
- It is essential to change or clean your furnace’s filter on a regular basis. If you aren’t certain or are not comfortable doing this, contact us to replace the filters. This is a standard function of the Preventative Maintenance Plan.
- If your gas furnace is not heating your home the first thing to check is your thermostat. Is the temperature setting too low? If it is below the temperature of your home, your system will not turn on. Is your programmable thermostat starting at the correct time? Also check that your furnace’s pilot light is still ignited.
IF YOU REQUIRE ANY ASSISTANCE OR SERVICE, PLEASE CONTACT US ON OUR 24-HOUR SERVICE LINE AT (604) 298-0133.